Running in Makati
Want to start running? Well, if you are in Makati, there’s a couple of places in the city where you could put in some decent mileage.
The first spot I recommend is the Ayala Triangle. It’s the park along Ayala Avenue, Paseo de Roxas, and Makati Ave. Be warned though… this is the most popular running location in city. I ran a lot of K’s here training for my Skyway-Condura 21K last February. Just some things to remember:
- Most people run after work hours; between 5:30 PM and 7:30 PM.
- If you need to take a bathroom break, there are restrooms at the end of the restaurant row. More specifically, at the left side of the Amici resto.
- You forgot to bring liquids? No problem. Go to the 7-11 along Paseo de Roxas side, just cross the road via the underpass. I take the cheapest drinks: 100 plus (26 php) and Gatorade Propel (20 php).
- The underpass escalators shutdown at around 8 PM weekdays, and the underpass gates are closed at 10 PM.
- If you don’t like crowds, run Monday and Friday nights.
For my easy 3Ks, I just run inside the active park along Rada street. You would approximately get 300 meters each round. The paths here are narrow and winding so just take it slow. Most people run in a counter-clockwise direction; so please.. just go with the flow. If you don’t like to bring your own water, there’s a convenient Mini-Stop along Rada street.